THE AMAZING PATH OF THE GODS
THE AMAZING PATH OF THE GODS
A fascinating tour with picturesque views along the scenic trail of the Path of the Gods. Beginning the tour at the elevated village of Bomerano, you will walk along the trail, witnessing beautiful views of the Amalfi coastline until you reach the small village of Nocelle. Experience a wide variety of seasonal, organic fruits and vegetables, homemade ravioli, fusilli and gnocchi, and unique wines from a local trattoria.
DURATION: ABOUT 6 HOURS
NUMBER OF PEOPLE: MAXIMUM 8
THE PATH OF THE GODS
Explore this unforgettable and scenic trail, gliding along the mesmerizing Amalfi coastline. Through the luscious and wild vegetation, you can admire the cultivation of vineyards and terraced citrus and olive groves that are intricately integrated into the beautiful coastal landscape.
The magnificent cliffside most notably characterizes the Amalfi Coast with its sheer drop into the ocean. There are many untouched and well-preserved homes etched into the cliffside, where locals have created communities in the most unreachable places along the coastline, dating back to the middle ages.
No matter how old you are, if you are healthy and in good shape, this tour will be an amazing and unforgettable journey through the ancient and rural communities that are surrounded by the majestic cliffside and wildlife.
The day of the tour will begin with your driver meeting you at your preferred location, and after a brief introduction, they will drive you through the milky mountains, where you will reach the trailhead to the Path of the Gods.
You will start the tour at Bomerano, one of the highest villages off the Amalfi coastline. Then you will follow the beautiful and vibrant trail for 5 miles until you reach the quaint village of Nocelle, which is located high above the coastal community of Positano (about 3.5 hour hike).
The directions along the trail are well detailed, making this a delightful walk. We suggest starting from east to west along the path, as it is slightly more downhill than in the other direction. Once you reach the end of the trail, your driver will be waiting to take you to a local trattoria to experience the delicious flavors and cuisines of the Amalfi Coast. Discover a wide variety of seasonal, organic fruits and vegetables, homemade ravioli, fusilli, and gnocchi, all while enjoying local wines and breathtaking views overlooking the bay of Positano, with views of the island of Capri in the distance. Then, if there is time, your driver will accompany you to Positano, where you can explore the picturesque alleys and buildings of this quaint village. After the tour, your driver will escort you back to your accommodation driving along the beautiful Amalfi Coast.
- There is also an added option, if desired, to be accompanied by a local, expert guide along the full length of the Path of the Gods.
- Due to unfavorable winter weather conditions, this tour is only possible from April to early November.
- The advised dress code: Comfortable sneakers or hiking shoes and plenty sunscreen.
- The trail has views overlooking the cliffside and can also be very sunny in August, so we recommend avoiding walking on the trail if you have extreme vertigo issues.
- Make sure to wear the proper shoes and bring at least 0.5 L of water on the trail.
- Your driver will be at your complete service for the full duration of the tour. Upon request, it is possible to customize the itinerary.
- Scheduled times for each stage of the tour may vary due to traffic or weather conditions.
- If you prefer to make a special stop for lunch, contact us by email to book in advance, or ask the driver for recommendations.
- Half-day guide (3 hours): 170€
- Full-day guide: 300€